1. What is a Cookie ?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in a computer's browser directory. They help site providers with things like understanding how people use a site, remembering a User's login details, and storing site preferences.
- ensure that our Services function properly,
- detect and prevent fraud,
- understand how visitors use and engage with our Site, and
- analyze and improve Services.
3. Who sets cookies when I use Berg's Site ?
There are two main types of cookies that can be set:
- First party cookies: these cookies are placed and read by Berg directly when you use our Services,
- Third party cookies: these cookies are not set by Berg, but by other companies, like Google or Facebook, for site analytics purposes. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
Cookies play an important role in helping us provide effective and safe Services. Below is a description of the commonly used cookie types and the purposes that apply to them. Each section references Berg’s Cookies and where you can find more information about each cookie, and exercise your choices.
For Berg-affiliated websites, you can learn more about cookies by visiting those sites directly.
Some cookies are essential to the operation of our Site and Services and make it usable and secure by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the Site. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Authentication. To remember your login state so you don't have to log in as you navigate through our Site and dashboard.
- Security. To protect user data from unauthorized access.
- Functionality. To keep our Site and Services working correctly, like showing you the right information for your selected location.
Preference cookies are used by Berg to remember your preferences and to recognize you when you return to our Services. For Berg-affiliated websites, you can learn more about cookies by visiting those sites directly.
Analytics cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our Services. We use those cookies in a number of different ways, including:
- Site Features and Services. To remember how you prefer to use our Services so that you don't have to reconfigure your settings each time you log into your account.
- To Analyze and Improve Our Services. To make our Site and Services work better for You. Cookies help us understand how people reach our Site and our Users' sites. They give us insights into improvements or enhancements we need to make to our Site and Services.
- Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs). May be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of Users (such as email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Third Party Analytics. Through Google Analytics in order to collect and analyze information about the use of the Services and report on activities and trends. This service may also collect information regarding the use of other sites, apps and online resources. You can learn about Google's practices on the Google website. See further details below on how to manage these cookies.
For more information, please see the Analytics section in the Berg Cookie Settings Dashboard. For Berg-affiliated websites, you can learn more about cookies by visiting those sites directly.
5. Can I opt-out?
Yes. You can opt out of cookies through our Cookies Settings Set-Up function, with the exception of those cookies that are necessary to provide you with our Services. For Berg-affiliated websites, you can learn more about cookies by visiting those sites directly. Your web browser may allow you to manage your cookie preferences, including to delete and disable Berg cookies. You can take a look at the help section of your web browser or follow the links below to understand your options. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site or Services may not operate as intended.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies